Wednesday, December 17, 2008


While we are on the subject of Christmas pictures, let me share a little about the torture that recently occurred at Casa de Then Again. Obviously you assume I mean that the subjects were being tortured by having to pose in various silly costumes or by being required to hold onto cheesy smiles for an unrealistic amount of time. Nope! I am talking about how the little heathens, subsequently to be referred to as "my boys", tortured me by crying, whining, complaining, moaning, wailing, and out right refusing to sit still or look in the general direction of my camera while I attempted to take their pictures for use on our annual family X-mas card. They not only refused to cooperate in the general sense, I feel as though they possibly conspired to sabotage my efforts at making them appear to be even tempered, mildly happy, or even remotely tolerable little boys. From the onset, the situation was doomed: I thought putting my baby in a gift wrapped box would be a cute (and functional b/c no escape) idea. However, apparently my 3 year old mistakenly thought Santa had arrived early and brought him his own brother as a gift so he unceremoniously unwrapped the box containing his brother moments after I turned my back to grab my camera. So when my husband arrived home to find me stripped down to a tank top and shorts, sweating profusely, and smelling like a donkey, I decided a new strategy was required. Day two: I tried the silly shot. Also unsuccessful. So, on day three I decided the only way to go was to take 3 separate shots so that the children were not required to do anything in unison. It will have to do for this year.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

About This Blog

This is the photoblog of Then Again Photography, lifestyle photography services for D.C., Maryland, and Virginia.

Please visit Then Again Photography to book your engagement, wedding, maternity, baby, family, or senior photo session today!

Then Again Photography: reasonable prices, exceptional quality, so you can enjoy then again.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP